Monday, July 6, 2009

Secrets to Outdoor Workouts from Coastal Living Beach Babe Luann Petix




Body Design regular and Damsel Magazine editor, Luann Petix, was recently featured in Coastal Living's August issue. (Don't you just LOVE that magazine!!?? They have a great feature on different fish taco recipes should you be looking for some summer cooking inspiration.)

Luann, a surfer girl, gave the magazine her summer beauty secrets. With the great summer weather now here, I thought you would like to be in on Luann's secrets for outdoor workouts too. Here is what she has to say about her favorite outdoor places to workout in Newport Beach:

"Summer is my favorite season. My workout motto throughout the year is "Be Prepared" and NOW it's here! I love taking my workout outside and on the beach."

"To get me going I start with a beach jog, either to the beach or a sand jog. When I get down there ( Big Corona ) I LOVE the stairs, running up them, skipping two at a time, lunging sideways, I try to mix it up to get the most out of them and my bottom! You can really feel the burn! Right when I'm about to collapse I'll turn to sit ups and push ups. After about an hour, I reward myself with an ocean swim, the water temp is so nice now."

"I just recently started stand up paddling at Toes on the Noes in Newport Beach, they also have rentals in Huntington Beach. This is a great body workout. I was surprised how I needed to use my core and legs muscles, not to mention the obvious arm and shoulder workout. Go with a friend and while gossiping the entire time you will inevitably get a great workout."

Thanks Luann!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home